Community Action Awarded $460K Continuum of Care Supportive Grant

Click here for all press, reviews & features about

Community Action Awarded $460K Continuum of Care Supportive Grant

On November 30th, Mayor Chris Beutler and Community Action Partnership ( ) of Lancaster and Saunders Counties announced the award of a $460,000 grant to administer a Supportive Housing Program. This grant is made possible through the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Continuum of Care Program and will allow Community Action to house 40 homeless families in Lincoln.

“Community Action has a strong history of housing homeless families,” said Mayor Chris Beutler. “Through this grant, families will be connected with a long-term home where they will be able to build strong relationships with schools, neighbors, and community organizations. The services to be provided are critical to the short-term and long-term prosperity of our city.”

The goal of Community Action’s Supportive Housing Program is to move families into a home and provide ongoing support for up to 24 months. While in the program, families will receive empowering support in areas such as personal financial counseling, goal planning, employment search and stabilization, parenting skills, and tenant education.

“Families need safe and stable shelter before they can work toward achieving long-term economic stability,” said Vi See, Executive Director of Community Action. “This grant will ensure that families are provided with the stability and individualized support they need as they work toward their individual goals.”

Community Action must commit a local match of $115,000 to support grant activities. Community members can help with this need by designating monetary contributions to support the program. Many of the families transitioning into housing have little to no household belongings, so donations of items such as towels, sheets, and dishes are also greatly needed. To find out more about how to help, including items that can be accepted, visit or call (402) 471-4515.