Fall Summit, “Working Together for the Greater Good”
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are excited to team with LeadingAge Nebraska to present, The 2023 Fall Symposium: Working Together for the Greater Good. This summit will be an intensive day of training held at the FireSpring offices in Lincoln (1201 Infinity Ct. Lincoln, NE 68512). Our lineup of expert speakers will be specifically addressing current issues in long term care and hospice, including advanced care planning, customer service, working with the VA, culture change and more.
All participants are invited to an axe throwing networking event on Wednesday evening, October 18, 2023 at Tomahawks Axe Throwing! Join your colleagues for drinks and axe throwing from 7-9 pm at the Haymarket location, 815 O Street in Lincoln.
October 19, 2023 Fall Symposium Agenda:
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Coffee, registration & Vendor Show
- 8:30 – 9:30 am: Interprofessional Advance Care Planning to Enhance End-of-Life Care: Results of a Needs Assessment Amanda Kirkpatrick, PhD, RN & Meghan Potthoff PhD, APRN-NP, Associate Professors of Nursing at Creighton University College of Nursing
- 9:30 – 10:30 am Age-Friendly Health Systems Matt Lentz, RN, MSN, Nebraska Hospital Association
- 10:30 – 10:45 am BREAK & Vendor Show
- 10:45 – 11:45 am Why Excellent (Not Good) Customer Service Matters Paul Rieken, Founder and Facilitator at NORMATIVE POINT, LLC
- 11:45 – 12:30 pm LUNCH & Vendor Show SPONSORED BY AmanaCare
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm Roadmap to VA: Who Can Help Me Navigate the VA system? Marabeth Kracher & Nicole Dertzo, Department of Veterans Affairs
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Embracing Culture Change Throughout The Continuum Kelly Sparr, LPNC, ALA, EMT, The Grace Space
- 2:30 – 2:45 BREAK & Vendor Show
- 2:45 – 3:45 pm Nebraska POLST Program: Background, Processes and Outcomes Jacob Dahlke, MSBe, HEC-C Nebraska Medicine
- 3:45 – 4:45 pm Keeping Care Plans Up to Date and Who Does it Impact? Jena Fosdick & Melanie Frary, St. Croix Hospice