Lincoln Airport Offers Tips for Holiday Travelers
Passenger traffic at the Lincoln Airport (LincolnAirport.com) is up 17 percent in 2015, a trend that’s expected to continue through the holiday season. David Haring, executive director of the Lincoln Airport, says there are some things to keep in mind to help make your journey go smoothly:
• Allow more time to park, check luggage and go through security. In Lincoln, arrive at least one hour prior to your scheduled departure time. Travelers with returning flights to Lincoln from larger cities may want to get to those airports even earlier.
• If you need assistance at the Lincoln Airport, contact the Red Coats at the service desk near the center entrance.
• Check gifts or other packages with your luggage, if possible. Do not wrap any gifts or other items that are carried onto the plane. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents may need to inspect them. It’s also best to pack food items in checked luggage.
• Pay attention to the weather and flight schedules. Winter storms at connecting hub airports can delay arrivals and departures in Lincoln and elsewhere across the country.
• If you have a smartphone, download your airline’s app. You can use the app to get updates on connecting flights and other travel information.
Travelers can find the latest updates on flight schedules and information on parking and airport services on the Lincoln Airport website, LincolnAirport.com. More specific information regarding security regulations and procedures is available at TSA.gov.