The Southeast Community College (SCC, www.southeast.edu) Apprenticeship program and Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Corporation, U.S.A., celebrated their partnership on November 15, 2023, at the Eicher Technical Center on the SCC Milford Campus as part of National Apprenticeship Week.
Kawasaki is the first employer to utilize SCC’s apprenticeship program by signing on seven employees to upskill at SCC. The employees in the apprenticeship program are:
- Beni Buzi Mbo Nta – Electromechanical
- Gary Baxter – Electromechanical
- Khalid Ibrahim – Electromechanical
- Jonathan Lass – Electromechanical
- Humberto Ornelas – Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Aaron Rios – Electromechanical
- Pio Tayphen – Professional Truck Driver Training
SCC received $4.8 million in American Rescue Plan funds in 2022 from the city of Lincoln to create an office of work-based learning which includes the Registered Apprenticeship Program. This program meets the needs of both employers and job seekers by allowing individuals to earn a salary while they learn, gaining skills and knowledge in the classroom and on the job. Additionally, an apprenticeship offers employers the chance to strengthen and build their workforce by providing a high-quality talent pipeline.
Learn more about SCC’s apprenticeship program at www.southeast.edu/current-students/apprenticeships/index.php.
Learn more about SCC at www.southeast.edu.