Bright Lights Announces Open Summer Classes for Students Grades K–8
Bright Lights (www.BrightLights.org) has a variety of classes open this summer that will appeal to many ages and interests. So, if you’re just now starting to think about summer activities for your K–8th grade student, here are a few available options:
Students in grades K–2:
- Mindbuggling Insects (#610), June 24–28, 1–4 p.m.: Take a trip into the world of insects, where you can create bug soap and eat cricket cookies!
- Adventures Through Time (#112 and #202), June 3–7: History comes alive when you travel through time! Class # 112 happens in the mornings and class #202 is in the afternoons.
Students in grades 3–6:
- Jewelry Design Academy (#130), June 3–7: Learn the latest tricks, trends and techniques for creating unique pieces of jewelry. Students will take home 10–15 creations and learn what it’s like to start their own business!
Students in grades 6-8:
- Skateboarding Basics (#538), June 24–28, 9 a.m.– noon.
- Nanotechnology and the 21st Century (#312), June 10–14, 9 a.m.– noon: Enter the nanoworld via UNL’s laboratories.
Rest assured there is a Bright Lights class to fit your student’s interests, or encourage them to try something new and you may just open the door to an entirely new passion! Go to www.BrightLights.org and click on “Register” for a complete list of open classes and to register. Have a student too old to take a class/camp? Consider having them be a class assistant! Find out more about these volunteer positions and apply at www.brightlights.org/assistants.