Bright Lights Names New Board Members
Bright Lights (BrightLights.org), Lincoln’s summer education enrichment program for elementary and middle school students, is pleased to announce four new board members and the 2017 executive committee members.
Joining the board are Adam Holz, account consultant at SolutionOne; Kelley McKay, recruiter at Lincoln Electric System; Jennifer Morand-Ackerman, director of marketing/assistant vice president at West Gate Bank; and Damian Shotkoski, CPA at Shotkoski & Associates (not pictured). All of these new members bring strong leadership skills, nonprofit experience and a passion for education to the current Board of Directors. Their talents will support the Bright Lights mission of providing children with authentic, hands-on learning adventures each summer.
The 2017 executive committee includes:
- President – Brandy Johnson, external affairs manager at Black Hills Corporation
- Vice President – Stephanie Rodriguez, senior human resources coordinator at Olsson Associates
- Secretary – Monica Henkenius, community volunteer
- Treasurer – Jake Muhleisen, vice president commercial loans at Union Bank & Trust
- Past President – Brad Penner, public relations counsel at Firespring
Having just celebrated its 30th year, Bright Lights is an independent nonprofit organization providing quality summer learning for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The emphasis of the program is to prevent summer learning loss while providing opportunities for children to explore their interests through classes with STEAM-based (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) activities or curriculum. Further information on classes, registration and how to support the program is available at BrightLights.org.