Water Damage: The Need For Speedy Repair
Remember to call Roto-Rooter, a trusted and recommended plumber in Lincoln since 1935.
Water damage is often caused by a plumbing leak or a sewer backup, but there are other cases such as sump pump and water heater failures, washing machine and dishwasher leaks, ice maker problems, flooding due to heavy rain, ground water seeping into the basement, and natural disasters. In these situations, things can quickly get messy and out of control. That’s why Roto-Rooter is the company to call. They can fix any plumbing problem and they clean up water and sewage too. That’s right, they do BOTH.
It doesn’t take a lot of water to cause tremendous damage. Just an inch or two can destroy carpets and dry wall, warp wood floors, damage building components, and trash home furnishings and personal items, including photo albums and family heirlooms.
Even after the water seems to disappear, excess moisture can hide in your floor coverings, foundation, wood structures and walls—causing major damage to your property and creating the perfect environment for mold and other fungi growth.
However, if you catch it in time, you can ward off a lot of the damage and save money and headaches down the road. It’s important that water is quickly removed and the property dried, ventilated, and disinfected to inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other microorganisms that are harmful.
Roto-Rooter’s licensed plumbers will quickly take care of the plumbing problem and their IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) certified water cleanup team will:
- Extract water
- Remove damaged carpet, flooring, and furniture
- Remove unsalvageable wallboard, paneling, etc.
- Dry out the affected areas
- Disinfect and deodorize
- Dehumidify and sanitize the air
The key is having the phone number for a plumbing and water damage cleanup team that you trust ahead of time, so you can take care of the problem quickly. Here are a few things to look for before choosing a water cleanup company:
- A well-trained and knowledgeable team. Each technician should have received an IICRC and perform water restoration services in compliance with the IICRC S500 standards for professional water damage restoration.
- State-of-the-art equipment/techniques. Ask the company if it uses efficient dehumidifying units and air movers to eliminate moisture and prevent secondary damage to furniture, walls, and flooring, as well as extraction processes with both suction and compression, which bring water to the surface and suctioning it away, so it cannot be re-absorbed into the carpet or pad.
- Vehicles should be fully equipped with state-of-the art extraction, drying, and moisture testing equipment for all types of water problems.
- Professionals should work directly with your insurance carrier so you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
- They should be available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays.
Remember Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup for plumbing and water cleanup so that you can save time and a lot of headaches if you should ever experience a water leak. They have served as a trusted and recommended plumber in Lincoln since 1935. Roto-Rooter’s water damage experts are available 24 hours a day throughout the year to quickly repair the problem and prevent further water damage.