The Tobacco Free Lancaster County (TobaccoFreeLancasterCounty.org) coalition is a collaborative effort of organizations and individuals working together to eliminate tobacco use and exposure in Lancaster County, Nebraska.
What We Do?
Mission: To promote health by eliminating the use of and exposure to tobacco and vape products, envisioning Lancaster County as a tobacco-free and vape-free community.
TFLC is available to:
- Consult and assist with tobacco-free policy development and implementation.
- Provide prevention education and awareness campaigns community wide that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Promote smoke-free rental properties.Support local regulations that prevent tobacco use and exposure.
- Encourage youth participation in tobacco control efforts.
- Provide FREE tobacco quit resources to businesses and organizations throughout the community.
- Partner with community and cultural organizations to promote living tobacco free at their events.
- And much more!
Businesses and organizations throughout Lancaster County play a vital role in creating tobacco-free environments for employees and customers. Here are a few ways you can support a tobacco-free community:
Adopt a tobacco-free policy to prohibit tobacco use on your property.
Provide quit resources to employees, such as health education materials, and ensure health coverage includes tobacco quit services.
In November, participate in the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout (GASO)! Materials are available for FREE, along with some special bonus items! Just visit: TobaccoFreeLancasterCounty.org/GASO
Contact us today if you are interested in joining the coalition or if you need assistance with your tobacco control efforts.
Funding provided by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services/Tobacco Free Nebraska Program as a result of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.