Tips For Your 2022 Health Insurance Policy
By Chris McPike, Location Manager/Agent
• Set up your payment method with the insurance carrier. Each company offers options that include an automatic deduction from your bank account, credit card, or direct bill. Premiums are due on the first of the month. If it is not paid by the end of the month, your policy can be cancelled for non-payment. Please don’t let that happen.
• The fastest way to set up payment options and to access information about your benefits and claims is to use the member portal that each insurance carrier offers. You will receive directions about setting it up in your new policy information. Or, you can give ComPro a call and we can walk you through the process.
• We most often think of our health insurance as a resource when we are sick or injured. However, insurance companies promote wellness activities as an effective way to reduce illnesses. In fact, there are several Rewards Programs that give you an incentive in the form of dollars to get your physical, take off some pounds, get a mammogram, and more. Check out your carrier’s Rewards Program details.
• If you had health insurance through healthcare.gov for any portion of 2021, you will need Form 1095 when you fi le your tax return. Form 1095 reports how much Premium Tax Credit you used each month in 2021. Your tax preparer uses this information to determine whether you used more or less than you are eligible to receive. If you used less than your eligibility, you may be eligible for a refund. If you used more, then you may have to pay back the excess.
• Individual health plans do not offer network providers when you are away from the service area that your plan covers. So, what are you going to do if you need medical attention?
1. Emergency Services: These are always covered. You just need to go to the closest place that can care for you.
2. Urgent Care Services: These services are generally covered, too. It would be smart to understand how this benefit works before you travel.
3. Telehealth Services: This is always available as an in-network benefit. If your carrier uses an app to access telehealth, then download the app and set up your profile so that you are ready to use it whenever needed.
For more information or assistance with any of the above items, contact our ComPro Team at (402) 488-5100 and we’ll be happy to help you and answer any of your questions!