Community Action Partnership Recruits Individuals for Tax Preparation Program
Community Action Partnership’s (www.communityactionatwork.org) Tax Preparation program is looking for kind and talented people to volunteer this upcoming tax season (January – April 2019). Do you like working with numbers, solving puzzles, or making a difference for others in your community? If so, being a tax prep volunteer is the perfect opportunity for you!
Each year, this program depends upon community volunteers to prepare and file federal and state tax returns for low-to-moderate-income taxpayers. Last year, the service of a single volunteer Tax Preparer directly resulted in the return of nearly $40,000 to the community! You alone can make the same impact by joining today.
There are many ways to make a difference. The following are specific volunteer positions and brief descriptions of each:
- Tax Preparers – prepare and file tax returns
- Intakes – review taxpayers’ forms and documentation and collect the information the Tax Preparers need to prepare the returns
- Finishers – explain returns to taxpayers and get their approval to file returns
- Financial Check-ups – review taxpayers’ credit reports with them and assist in the creation of credit improvement plans; help taxpayers plan to effectively utilize their refunds
- Greeters – welcome taxpayers as they arrive at a tax preparation site and direct them to the place of their appointments
- Interpreters – interpret for taxpayers and volunteers
- Administrative – scan taxpayer documents; contact taxpayers with appointment reminders
Community Action will provide all of the training you need. Each volunteer is trained specifically for their position, and no prior experience is necessary.
If you’re interested in making a difference with Community Action Partnership, contact Georgann Roth, volunteer resources coordinator, at (402) 875-9320 / email@example.com. Volunteer applications are available online at www.communityactionatwork.org.