Cornhusker Bank – Gives to Community
The Cornhusker Bank (www.CornhuskerBank.com) mission, simply stated, is “We exist to serve by providing solutions for lifelong success.” Bank associates believe the easiest way to do this is by living life together. It is a concept every staff member strives for within the bank and with the community as a whole. Cornhusker Bank and its staff actively engage in giving back to the community in a variety of ways;
- Cornhusker Bank builds strong relationships throughout the community helping individuals and businesses achieve their financial goals.
- Each year the Bank provides funding through donations and sponsorships to hundreds of organizations and causes in our community.
- Cornhusker Bank organizes One Day Without Shoes for the benefit of the People’s City Mission annually each April. In 2018 over 200 organizations communitywide partnered with the Bank in collecting shoes for the event. Over 35,600 pairs of shoes were collected for the Mission to distribute to its clientele and cash donations collected for the Mission totaled $8,800. Additionally, over 200 individuals walked to raise awareness of the need for footwear in our own community.
- Fun events, conceived by the Bank’s talented associates, for customers, staff, and their families such as a free movie night are presented. This spring the bank screened Cars 3, introduced live by Larry the Cable Guy. Guests enjoyed a variety of treats provided by the Bank.
- The Bank holds a youth carnival which is open to the public each summer. Cornhusker Bank staff is focused on improving the financial literacy rate in youth. By holding this fun and educational event just for kids they begin to think of banking in a more positive way, giving them happy, fun impressions of banks and bankers. This year’s carnival will be held on August 18, 2018 at Cornhusker Bank at 8310 O Street, and is a totally free event. Cornhusker Bank staff shares their time and efforts to run carnival-type games. The event will also feature an animal encounter from the Lincoln Children’s Zoo, a bouncy obstacle course, face painting, balloon artist, a free hot dog lunch and snacks, and prizes for all children who participate. Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite superhero costumes and to meet Cornhusker Bank’s own superheroes, Penny Wise and Super Bill.
- Cornhusker Bank also gives back to the community by presenting seminars on different financial topics for the public to attend throughout the year. Simply check the website – www.CornhuskerBank.com – to see what’s coming up.
Cornhusker Bank associates are generous with their volunteer time, not only for bank-sponsored events, but staff members are also involved in numerous organizations on their own time, serving on committees and boards, working as volunteers for various organizations, and fundraising for numerous causes. The time associates volunteer for nonprofits is ‘priceless’ and serves our community not only in the direct benefits of their valuable time and talents, but in engaging, inspiring, and motivating others in the community.
As Cornhusker Bank celebrates its 115th anniversary in August of 2018, you are invited to stop in during Customer Appreciation Week, August 20-25, and experience our commitment to the community and your success. Cornhusker Bank remains Lincoln’s oldest locally owned bank, demonstrating stability, soundness and investing in the success of customers, associates, and community.
Cornhusker Bank Center – 8310 O St.