Lincoln Young Professionals Group (Lincoln YPG, LincolnYPG.com) is proud to announce the seven recipients of the 2022 Young Lincoln Leader Awards (YLLA), honoring the outstanding contributions to the Lincoln community. The award ceremony was held on September 29 at Robber’s Cave during YP Week, an annual celebration of young professionals in Lincoln.
Individuals between the ages of 21 and 40 were nominated for a YLLA in six categories and organizations were nominated in one category to comprise this year’s list of seven winners.
The 2022 YLLA honorees are:
- Young Professional of the Year – Mike Smith, Rabble Mill/The Bay
- Young Citizen of the Year – Jazari Kual, Kualdom Creations
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Angela Garbacz, Goldenrod Pastries
- Young Nonprofit Professional of the Year – Katie Patrick, Catholic Social Services of Southern Nebraska
- Emerging Leader of the Year – Tut Kailech, NeighborWorks Lincoln
- Diversity and Inclusive Excellence – Nathan Hé, Nebraska Alumni Association
- Next Generation Workplace – Lutz
An external nominating committee of seven leaders in business, nonprofits, public service, and education assembled to evaluate and select the finalists and winners in the seven categories. D-Wayne (Dewayne Taylor) continued his excellent work as master of ceremonies, which he has done for all three years of the YLLAs.
Other YP Week events included inspiring speakers, discussion panels, workshops, and networking opportunities to celebrate the talent, insight, and energy of YPs in Lincoln.
The Lincoln Young Professionals Group is dedicated to empowering young professionals with educational, leadership, and networking opportunities. With more than 1,500 members, the Lincoln Young Professionals group is one of the largest in the country. To learn more or join, visit LincolnYPG.com.